Thursday, April 2, 2009

Multi Grain Bars

Friends we met in our travels Toni & Ted from Washington State brought me these plus recipe and it is the most moist healthy breakfast bar or just cookie bar. Good eating any time. It's made with Quaker Multi Grain (hot cereal) like Quaker Oatmeal in a round container, also. I've had a hard time finding it but found it last week at Hy Vee. It has Rye,Barley,Oats, & Wheat. A perfect blend of 100% Natural.
Combine:
1 - 1/2 cups of uncooked Multi grain
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Beat together:
1 cup applesauce
1 cup raisins (Dried Cherries are even better)
1/2 cup golden brown sugar
1/4 cup veg. oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine all.
Bake in a 9"x9" baking dish at 350 degrees 30 minutes or when toothpick comes out clean.
This will cut into 16 nice size bars after you cool. They freeze well also.

I have been stocking up on apples while they are so cheap. I didn't have applesauce this time so I peeled and grated enough apple to cook on low in a pan with lid on the stove till soft and used that with a little sweetener in it and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment